A Thuismitheoirí, a chairde,
As you are already aware, we will hold a special 50 Year Celebration Day in the school next Sunday 28th May.
* The day begins with a special celebration Mass in the church at 11.30 a.m. where the children from Rang 4, 5 agus 6 will form the choir. * Immediately after Mass, c.12.15 p.m, all children (and as many adults as possible) will line up outside the church, in their class groupings behind Castlelyons Pipe Band, who will lead us back to the school for the formalities / performances by the children.
* Formalities will begin at c.1 pm, followed by performances by the children, commencing c.1.30pm and finishing at c.2pm.
* All children will wear their full school uniform, (NOT the school tracksuits).
* The performances will take place in the school yard (weather permitting) or, in the event of the weather being unsuitable, in the Halla.
* The teachers will take responsibility for the children up to the time of the performances, after which parents are responsible.
* After the performances, people will be free to visit classrooms and view old Roll Books etc. The taking of photographs of Roll Books is strictly prohibited. *Refreshments will be provided by our Parents’ Association, (Míle buíochas). Don and Angela O’Mahony will sell burgers in the school yard and it is their wish that all profits go to the Irish Cancer Society. (Míle buíochas to Don and Angela).
* Please spread the word and join us on the day. Fáilte roimh chách.