Lee in Rang 5, baked a surprise treat for his class and has very kindly shared the recipe.
3 tablespoons of butter
1 large pack of marshmallows (2 would work as well)
- Place the saucepan on a medium heat. Add in the butter shortly afterward.
- Line the square tray with grease-proof paper.
- Let the butter melt, and when the butter is melted, add in the marshmallows.
- Stir the saucepan, allowing the marshmallows to melt (this could take a few minutes).
- When the marshmallows are all melted, add in the Rice Krispies.
- Add as much Rice Krispies as you like, and combine (you can add sprinkles if you want at this stage to add some colour).
- When the mixture is all combined, transfer it to the tray.
- Melt white chocolate and pour over the Marshmallow Rice Krispies.
- Add more sprinkles (this is optional).
- Leave to set for 45 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy.
I loved baking these treats. In fact, A: the whole class loved them and B: they were easy to make.