Scoil Náisiúnta Chaisleáin Uí Liatháin
Issue 01/2016 Nuachtlitir Eanáir 2016
- Fáilte: Fáilte ar ais agus bliain nua faoi shéan is faoi mhaise dhaoibh go léir. (Welcome back and a Happy New Year to everyone).
- Bainne: The milk available through the school will cost €8.00 for this term. Please forward the money in a sealed envelope with your child/children’s name(s) and amount clearly marked on or before thisThursday, 14th January. Please note that no extra orders can be taken after this date. As part of our school’s Healthy Eating Policy, we encourage children to participate in this scheme.
- Carúil na Nollag: Comhghairdeas to all the children, teachers and SNAs on producing a most enjoyable Christmas Carol Service in the church on the 15th Sincere thanks to Fr. Coleman, Paul Murphy (Sound), John Mc Carthy (Caretaking), Carmel in the office, parents and all who helped to make the Carol Service such an enjoyable occasion. A special word of thanks to all the múinteoirí, SNAs and all the páistí for their hard work in the weeks leading up to the Carol Service. Míle buíochas.
- Cótaí / Caipíní: Parents, please ensure that your child wears a warm coat and cap coming to school each day during these winter months.
- Stampaí Euro Eddie: Euro Eddie savings stamps (with Fermoy Credit Union) are for sale for €1.00 each, on Wednesday’s. We encourage all children to participate in this savings scheme and save up for their school tours later in the year.
- Dialainn Obair Bhaile a Shíniú: We’d like to remind parents of children from Rang 1 to Rang 6 of the requirement to sign your child’s Homework Journal every night, having first checked that all assignments are completed satisfactorily. If your child doesn’t have homework done, for whatever reason, a written explanation is required. We encourage parents to prompt and guide your child with homework if necessary but do not complete the homework for your child. There are some useful tips on helping your child with homework at the back of your child’s school diary, (Rang 1- 6).
- Pearcáil: We remind parents not to park on the Zebra Crossing, opposite the school gate to the community car park please, for safety reasons.
- Comórtas Mháinséar na Nollag: Comghairdeas to Rang 6 and their teacher, Miss Cotter, who got 2nd place in Toss Bryan’s “Design a Crib” competition before Christmas. Maith sibh!
Parents’ Association News
- The Parents’ Association wishes to thank everyone who supported the Christmas card initiative as well as the fantastic support for the annual Christmas Raffle. Congratulations to the lucky prize-winners! A huge “Thank You” also to all the individuals and businesses that sponsored the fabulous prizes.
- We also wish to thank everybody for their generosity towards the Cork Simon Community Food Appeal on the night of the Carol Service.
- We’d like to wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year and looking forward to your continued support in 2016.
- Our next meeting is Tuesday 2nd February at 8.30 m. All welcome!
- Dúnadh Scoile don téarma seo:
– Thurs/Fri – 18th/19th Feb 2016 – (Mid-term Break)
– Wed. 16th March – school closes for St. Patrick’s Day / Easter Hols.
– School re-opens Mon. 4th April 2016.
Le gach dea-ghuí,
Nelius de Róiste (Príomhoide)