Scoil Náisiúnta Chaisleáin Uí Liatháin 025-36220
Issue 08/2015 (Nuachtlitir na Samhna / Nollag – 2015)
- Comhbhrón: We extend our deepest sympathy to the family of the late Miss Colette Hickey, teacher in Gaelscoil de Híde, Fermoy, who died recently, RIP. Miss Hickey was shared with us as learning support / resource teacher last year up to when she fell ill. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam dílis.
- Carúil na Nollag: The annual Christmas Carol Service takes place in the church on, Tuesday 15th Dec. @7.30 pm. Fáilte roimh chách.
The Parents’ Association will provide a collection box at the back of the church on the night for non-perishable food items to be donated to Cork Simon Community. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
- Clárú: Application Forms are now available from the office for children starting school next September. We would appreciate if you would inform any neighbours that do not have a child already in the school regarding this. It is important for us to know how many new entrants we will have next year as soon as possible so that we can plan ahead.
- School Blog: Miss Elaine Millar (SNA) is currently developing a blog for the school at castlelyonsns.com in consultation with Ms. O’Connor, Deputy Principal. The blog provides online information on the school and we hope to reduce the number of hard copies of various letters / notes/ Newsletters etc. being sent out to parents in the future. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Elaine for the time and effort she is putting in to developing the blog. Míle buíochas, Elaine.
- Lá Saoire Eaglasta: The school will be closed next Tuesday, 8th
- Bord Bainistíochta Nua: We congratulate the newly elected members of the Board of Management who are just beginning their term of office for the next four years until the end of 2019. Our new Board members include Allen Cotter (Treasurer) and Elaine Murphy, (both Parents’ Nominees), Claire Quirke and Marie Murphy (Community Nominees) and Fiona Murphy (Teachers’ nominee). Existing Board members going forward again include Dónal O’Connell (Chairman), Fr Gerard Coleman PP agus mé féin. We look forward to working together as a team for the good of the school and for the continued provision of high standards of education for the children.
- We also thank the out-going Board, namely, Rita Barry, Ann Flynn, Aisling Cotter, Jean Joyce and Oliver Beausang, who all gave so much of their time and energy to the school during the past four years. A special word of thanks to Rita Barry who has retired from the position of treasurer of the Board after 23 years of voluntary service to the school. This was an extraordinary commitment and a role which carries a huge responsibility. It was a role that Rita always carried out to the highest standard, ensuring that the school’s financial accounts were always in order. We congratulate Rita and thank her sincerely for her loyalty and commitment to the school over the years. Go gcúití Dia leat é, a Rita.
It is important to point out that the work of Board members is entirely voluntary.
- Crannchur na Nollag: Tickets for the annual Christmas Raffle organised by the Parents’ Association will be given to the children in the near future. Your support will be much appreciated.
- Enrolment – Rang 2: We congratulate the children in Rang 2, their parents and Mr. Smith (class teacher) on their Enrolment Ceremony held recently in St. Nicholas’ church, Castlelyons. Comghairdeas !
Aistear: Miss Corcoran, Miss Forde and Ms O’Connor have now initiated the Aistear programme in their respective classes, (Junior / Senior Infants). The Aistear Programme is where children learn through play, with a different theme each month. We would appreciate any “small world” toys in good condition, (e.g. miniature garage / kitchen / shop etc.) Please contact any of the teachers above before bringing in toys. Thank you. For further information on Aistear, please go to www.ncca.ie.
- Supermac’s Art Competition: Comhghairdeas to Luke Morrison (Rang 3) who won the Supermac’s Hallowe’en Art Competition recently. It meant that all the pupils in Luke’s class went to Supermac’s, Fermoy, to make and eat pizza! Comhghairdeas, Luke!
- Mobile Phones: We are collecting old mobile phones in the school for Irish Autism Action at present. In turn, we can get various pieces of IT equipment for the school, depending on the number of phones we collect. If Santa brings any new phones for Christmas, we would be glad to get your old phones in the New Year.
- Leabhair mar Bhronntanais: May we suggest that you include books for your children as gifts for Christmas and encourage them to read over the holidays.
- Shoe Box Appeal: Míle buíochas to everybody who donated a Shoe Box for the Christmas Shoe Box Appeal for children who are less fortunate than ours. Over 120 boxes were collected, which was a fantastic response. Míle buíochas also to Miss Cotter for co-ordinating this initiative in the school. Maith thú, Miss Cotter.
- Buíochas ó Choiste na dTuistí: The Parents’ Association would like to thank everybody who supported their various fundraising events recently. Míle buíochas.
- Saoire na Nollag: The school will close for Christmas holidays on Tuesday, 22nd December at 12 noon. Staggered finishing times apply, as follows:
11.50 a.m. Jnr / Snr Infants (& older siblings);
12.00 noon Rang 1/ 2 / 3 / Bus (& older siblings);
12.10 p.m. Rang 4 / 5 / 6
We ask parents to please move away from the car-park as soon as you have collected your child so as to make way for the next group of parents arriving. Thanking you in advance for your co-operation.
School re-opens on Wednesday 6th January (Nollaig na mBan). The children and staff will attend and participate in the 11.30 a.m Mass in the church on that morning.
Nollaig shona agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise dhaoibh go léir